The UCB Retirement Center is in partnership with LBL and the EX-Ls to provide information to smooth the transition and keep you engaged.
- The Retiree Association of LBNL, the EX-Ls, is available to all retirees at LBNL at no cost. Send us your personal email address to receive updated news and invitations to Association luncheons and events after you retire. (Online form) Learn more about the EX-Ls upcoming events.
- The UC Berkeley Retirement Center, located at 101 University Hall (on Oxford Street, between University Ave and Addison Street), provides LBNL employees and retirees with retirement plannning seminars, learning opportunities including workshops and seminars, the Learning in Retirement program now in its 20th year, the UC Travel program and innovative new programs like the Home Match, and UC Retiree Learning Series. By providing your personal email address you will receive our biweekly eNewsletter, the CenterExpress, which includes registration details for programs, Retiree Association events, Campus Connections, updates from UCOP, and articles on Retirement and Life in the News.
- LBNL retirees may request a Retiree ID which provides access to many campus perks and discounts and library services.
- LBNL retirees can purchase “C” day and night and weekend parking passes to attend Retirement Center and campus events. Parking passes are available for purchase online or payable by check at the Retirement Center.
- LBNL retirees (who are not rehired-retirees) can request a year of email forwarding, or they can have their division sponsor them as affiliates. Converting from an employee to an affiliate will keep all your computer accounts. Some privileges associated with those accounts will automatically adjust (for example, you will no longer have signature authority in the financial system if you had that previously). Affiliate agreements must be renewed annually, through an automated process run by Human Resources. As a retiree, it's important to keep in touch with your sponsor so they know to renew your affiliate agreement. In addition, if we ever need to get a hold of you and can't reach you directly, we will try to reach you through your sponsor. For more information, visit this link.
Whenever you decide to retire know that the EX-Ls and the UC Berkeley Retirement Center is here to help you Live Well in Retirement.
Robert Cahn, President, EX-Ls
Cary Sweeney, Director
UC Berkeley Retirement Center
101 University Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1550