The UCB Retirement Center is in partnership with LBL and the EX-Ls to provide information to smooth the transition and keep you engaged.
- The Retiree Association of LBNL, theEX-Ls, is available to all retirees at LBNL at no cost. Send us your personal email address to receive updated news and invitations to Association luncheons and events after you retire. (Online form) Learn more about the EX-Ls upcoming events.
- TheUC Berkeley Retirement Center, located at 101 University Hall (on Oxford Street, between University Ave and Addison Street), provides LBNL employees and retirees with retirement plannning seminars, learning opportunities including workshops and seminars, theLearning in Retirementprogram now in its 20th year, theUC Travelprogram and innovative new programs like theHome Match, andUC Retiree Learning Series. By providing your personalemail addressyou will receive our biweekly eNewsletter, theCenterExpress, which includes registration details for programs, Retiree Association events, Campus Connections, updates from UCOP, and articles on Retirement and Life in the News.
- LBNL retirees may request a Retiree ID which provides access to many campus perks and discounts and library services.
- LBNL retirees can purchase “C” day and night and weekendparking passesto attend Retirement Center and campus events. Parking passes are available forpurchase onlineor payable by check at the Retirement Center.
- LBNL retirees (who are not rehired-retirees) can request a year of email forwarding, or they can have their division sponsor them as affiliates. Converting from an employee to an affiliate will keep all your computer accounts. Some privileges associated with those accounts will automatically adjust (for example, you will no longer have signature authority in the financial system if you had that previously). Affiliate agreements must be renewed annually, through an automated process run by Human Resources. As a retiree, it's important to keep in touch with your sponsor so they know to renew your affiliate agreement. In addition, if we ever need to get a hold of you and can't reach you directly, we will try to reach you through your sponsor. For more information, visit this link.
Whenever you decide to retire know that the EX-Ls and theUC Berkeley Retirement Centeris here to help youLive Well in Retirement.
Robert Cahn, President, EX-Ls
Cary Sweeney, Director
UC Berkeley Retirement Center101 University Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1550