Retiree bMail service is for retirees of UC Berkeley, LBNL and UCOP who would like to get or keep a campus email account with an @berkeley.edu address. Emeriti continue to have an active affiliation with the university, and therefore do not need to purchase this service to keep their bMail account. Alumni of UC Berkeley can access a free account through the Cal Alumni Association (510-900-8225). If you are active volunteering for your department you may want to contact them to see if your activities can provide access to continued bMail service.
In order to provide this access and support the first year service cost is $82.50 and includes $10.25 set-up fee. The annual renewal rate is $72.25. This funding provides on-going support and advocacy to continue access to bMail for retirees.
This service includes:
- The ability to send and receive email from your @berkeley.edu email address
- Ample storage space
- Free anti-malware (anti-virus ) software downloads at this link
- Technical support via the bMail Help Desk: email@example.com or (510) 664-9000
- Access to bConnected products including bCal and bDrive
- Access to LinkedInLearning
Retiree bMail service does not provide internet access; you must have your own way to connect to the internet to access your bMail account.
Create your account
Purchase your bMail service at least 2 weeks prior to the end of your 90 day grace period.
During the shelter in place time period please complete the retiree bMail application form and mail along with your check for $82.50 payable to the UC Regents to the Retirement Center, 101 University Hall, Berkeley, CA 94720-1550 or purchase service by credit card online. Details for online purchasing here.
Please allow extra time if you opt to mail as mail service is limited during shelter in place.
During normal operations you may apply in person. NOT AVAILABLE DURING SHELTER IN PLACE
- Visit the Retirement Center in 101 University Hall and complete the application form. Be sure to bring your proof of retirement if you are a recent retiree. A copy of the first page of your retirement confirmation letter from the Retirement Administration Service Center (RASC) is best.
- Provide payment of $82.50 payable to UC Regents.
Create your account online
Details for credit card puchase available here.
- UC Berkeley retirees have a 90-day grace period from the date of separation to the end of bMail service.
- If your bMail account has expired, you must call the Retirement Center as additional information is required.
- LBNL and UCOP retirees may also purchase retiree bMail service by following the steps above.
- Items in the Retirement Center's online store show dates of service which do not reflect the actual dates of service for your account, but rather one year from date of purchase. Please contact us to find out your dates of service or renewal date.